Box Indexing Conveyor
Stop Manually Spacing Product!
Box/Case Indexers are designed to save you money by eliminating the need to manually space boxes entering:
- In-motion weighing scales
- Automatic labeling stations
- Scanning stations
- Palletizing stations
- Sorting systems
Indexing conveyors (Indexers) create consistent spacing of boxes/cases thereby virtually eliminating traffic jams. Indexers also permit product to be properly presented so labeling and in-motion weighing can occur without hassle.
Features and Benefits:
- Creates a consistent start-of-box to start-of box spacing
- Compliments existing equipment with standalone control capability
- Enables down-line printers, checkweighers, conveyor scales and scanners to function within specification
- Easy adjustment of spacing between products
- Roller belting permits product to roll on belt while waiting for advancement, which reduces friction wear of product
Box Indexing Conveyor Features:
How a Box Indexing Conveyor Works:
An indexing conveyor will automatically release each box one at a time at a settable rate by dropping down the tail of the entry conveyor so that a box to be held back will come to a stop against a conveyor bulkhead until the entry conveyor is lifted via automatic control. A speed up roller with then rapidly propel the box away from the following box allowing a gap to be sensed by a photo eye. The photo eye coupled with the conveyor speed change is employed to ensure that every trailing box will be delayed to the proper box leading-edge to leading-edge frequency. The end result will be even start to start spaced boxes exiting the system.
Our Box Indexer is a perfect fit before a checkweigher. It ensures only one package is on the scale at a time.
The following blog links will take you to vbssys.info (our blog site) and open a new window.